A& PA Staff Report
Nominations are now online for Week 10 of the Army STRONG Wrestler/Wrestling Coach of the Year for Pennsylvania, honoring Pennsylvania’s best high school wrestlers and coaches. Anyone can vote for the weekly winner online at http://www.TheSportsFlash.com. Voting ends at 9 p.m. EST on Thursday, Feb. 24. Winner announced on Friday, Feb. 25.
This is the final week of the 10-week U.S. Army STRONG Wrestler/Wrestling Coach of the Year. Next week will be a list of all 10 winners to choose the Army STRONG Wrestler of the Year for PA. Cast your vote at http://www.thesportsflash.com.
Eleven students were nominated from the following high schools. To vote for your favorite wrestler, please visit http://www.thesportsflash.com/ARMY-WRESTLING-PA-WK1.htm or E-mail your vote to ArmySTRONG.PA@TheSportsFlash.com with the name of your wrestler.
1. Ian Brown of Hanover Area HS improved to 31-1 on the season in winning the District III Section 1 Class AA title in the 103-pound weight class. (1E2M)
2. Kenny Courts of Central Dauphin HS is a defending state champion who won the District III Section II Class AAA title at 189-pounds to improve his record to 39-2 this season. (1E3D)
3. Thomas Haines of Solanco HS improved to 43-3 this season in winning the District III Section III Class AAA title at 215-pounds with two pins and a decision. (1E3A)
4. Cody Klempay of Canon-McMillan HS is 36-0 this season wrestling for the Big Macs at 285-pounds. (1E5W)
5. Chance Marsteller of Kennard-Dale HS improved to 34-0 this season in winning the 152-pound title at the District III Section V Class AAA tournament. (1E2T)
6. Nico Megaludis of Franklin Regional HS is 39-0 with 14 pins, 11 tech falls, and three major decisions at 125. (1E1I)
7. Austin Miller of Hempfield HS won the District III Section III Class AAA title at 112-pounds to improve to 34-2 this season. (1E1K)
8. Godwin Nyama of Brashear HS earned his third City League title, winning the 112-pound weight-class with a 48-second pin of Oliver’s Delijah James. (1E5C)
9. David Quackenbos of Red Lion HS is 31-0 this season and won the District III Class AAA Section V title at 215-pounds, recording a pin in 0:28 in the quarterfinals and a 16-second fall in the final. (1E2T)
10. Averee Robinson of Susquehanna Township HS remained unbeaten on the season, improving to 35-0 in winning the District III Section II Class AAA title at 285-pounds. (1E3D)
11. Cameron Throckmorton of South Western HS is 31-0 after winning the 130-pound weight-class title at the PIAA District III Section V Class AAAA Championships. (1E2M)
Four coaches were nominated from the following high schools. To cast your vote, go to http://www.thesportsflash.com/ARMY-WRESTLING-PA-WK1.htm.
1. John Little of Solanco HS coached the Golden Mules to a first-place finish at the PIAA’s District III Section III Class AAA Wrestling Championships. The Golden Mules scored 150 points with three champions, one runner-up, four consolations-round champions, and two fourth-place winners. (1E3A)
2. Anthony Miller of Spring Grove Area HS helped his team win the District III Section V Class AAA title with two section champions, three runners-up, two third-place finishers, and two fourth-place finishes. (1E2M)
3. Duane Maurer of Schuylkill Valley HS helped his team win the Division III Section II Class AA Wrestling Championships, winning four weight-class titles and finishing second in five other divisions. (1E3V)
4. David McCollum of Bermudian Springs guided his team to five weight-class titles at the PIAA District III Section I Class AA Wrestling Championships. (1E2M)
To nominate and vote for your favorite Army Strong Wrestler/Coach, please visit http://www.thesportsflash.com.